The second meeting of the Brazil Land Use Dialogues (LUD) took place from March 21-23, 2017 in the Upper Itajai Valley in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina. More information from the first meeting can be found here.
In this meeting, participants produced a map of priority areas for the implementation of sustainable landscapes across 8 themes:
- Rural or ecological tourism
- Sustainable production activities
- Conservation of biodiversity and natural resources
- Environmental aggressions that need to be remedied
- Ecological enrichment of existing vegetation with native species
- Ecological corridors and integrated landscape management
- Areas at greatest risk of being affected by floods and landslides
Within these topics, 150 priority areas were identified and mapped. Participants also produced descriptions of recommended actions, including actors to be involved and time frames for implementation.